Are you an enthusiastic quantity surveyor with experience in commercial, residential and refurbishment projects looking for a step up? Or a senior quantity surveyor looking for a new challenge with better benefits?
Following a number of recent contract successes, Surgo Construction Limited, one of the region’s longest established main contractors, is pleased to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen to join its commercial team in the role of senior quantity surveyor.
In this role you can expect to work on a variety of exciting projects throughout the North East in sectors including education, residential and commercial development.
Duties will include:
- Review of tender documents, contract conditions and insurances
- Setting internal targets/cost projections
- Reviewing sub-contractor’s tenders including negotiation and procurement of work packages
- Preparing monthly internal cost reports and cost/value reconciliations
- Compiling monthly valuations and payment applications
- Liaising with clients and internal teams
The candidate should:
- Have the ability to work with and where necessary, lead the construction team
- Be an effective communicator and proficient in time management
- Be confident to liaise and deal with consultants and subcontractors
- Possess a good knowledge and understanding of both the JCT and NEC forms of contract
- Be knowledgeable in the build process
In return we offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Company car/car allowance
- Private medical insurance
- Well located, accessible office with free parking, close to city centre and A1 North and South
Surgo Construction is committed to equality of opportunity in employment with applications considered solely on merit and ability.
Interested in joining us? For more information about the role and what to expect from working with the Surgo team, please send a copy of your current CV to HR manager, Bernadette Adams, via email on email@example.com or the Contact Us page on our website www.surgo.co.uk No agencies please – Surgo will not accept speculative CVs as a way of introduction