Could you be our next Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) Manager?
Surgo is a long established and highly respected regional construction company, with a reputation for craftsmanship, reliability, and total commitment to the highest standards in all of their projects. With exciting projects ongoing throughout the Northeast and more in the pipeline an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team as Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager. You can expect to work on projects throughout the Northeast region in sectors including education, residential and commercial development.
The company offers a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to be involved in varied and interesting projects ranging in size and complexity. The Company has a dynamic and forward-thinking Board of Directors who are keen to take the Company forward to the next level, and you will become an integral part of the company and assist with this vision.
If you are looking for your next challenge or next step in your career? Then please read on….
- An HSE professional with construction knowledge and experience, primarily office based with regional travelling.
- Full responsibility for all HSE aspects throughout the business
- Undertake periodic risk assessments and implementing more robust procedures where necessary.
- Provide specialist HSE advice to colleagues and subcontractors.
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure that contracts are compliant with current legislation.
- Undertake monitoring of company procedures and ensure compliance with company integrated management systems.
- Analyse incident and environmental data to identify practical solutions to improve performance and drive forward improvements across the business.
- Act as lead delegate ensuring that the company maintains its CHAS and
- Provide input with tender submissions.
- Ensure all health and safety policies and procedures follow best practice and are updated in line with legislation as and when required.
Candidates must have:
- NEBOSH qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO14001
- Understanding of health and safety issues as they relate to construction and ability to implement processes in line with industry standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and the supply chain.
In return we offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Company car/car allowance
- Private Medical (subject to length of service)
- Life Assurance
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Ongoing learning and continued professional development
- A well located and accessible office with free parking, close to city centre and A1 North and South
Interested in joining the Team? For more information about the role and what you can expect from working with the Surgo Team, please send a copy of your CV to our HR Manager via email on email@example.com or the Contact Us page on our website www.surgo.co.uk
Please include your current salary details upon applying.
Surgo Construction is committed to equality of opportunity in employment with applications considered solely on merit and ability.
No agencies please – Surgo will not accept speculative CVs as a way of introduction
Closing date 17 February 2023