Looking for a fresh challenge in quantity surveying?
Surgo is one of the North East’s longest established and highly respected regional construction companies, with a well earned reputation for craftsmanship, reliability and a total commitment to delivering projects to the highest standards.
With exciting projects ongoing throughout the North East and more in the pipeline an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our close-knit team as we look to appoint either a quantity surveyor or senior quantity surveyor. The successful candidate can expect to work on projects throughout the North East region across sectors including education, residential and commercial development.
The company offers a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to be involved in varied and interesting projects ranging in size and complexity. The Company has a dynamic and forward-thinking Board of Directors who are keen to take the Company forward to the next level, and you will become an integral part of the company and assist with this vision.
Do you have experience in Commercial, Residential and Refurbishment? Are you looking for the next new challenge or next step in your career? Then please read on….
The role will include:
- Full profit & loss accountability with responsibility for ensuring contracts achieve set parameters.
- Internal cash flow and profit forecasting.
- Evaluation of subcontractor work packages and quotations, with overall responsibility for order placement.
- Commercial management of subcontractors including remeasurement, preparation/issue of payment notices, negotiating and resolving account differences and final account agreement.
- Preparing monthly internal reports including cost/value reconciliations
- Submitting and agreeing monthly applications for payment.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Clients, Consultants, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Attending and providing commercial input at meetings
- Proactively advising the site team in respect of all commercial and cost matters.
- Input on any arising disputes and involvement with their resolution.
The candidate should possess: –
- Hold a BSc in Quantity Surveying (or similar) and ideally be MRICS / MCIOB or working towards.
- Line management experience and the ability to guide and motivate a team.
- Excellent commercial awareness with good legal / contractual knowledge and commercial contracting experience.
- Strong data interrogation skills with proficiency in all Microsoft packages.
- Be an effective communicator and adept at time management.
- Possess a good working knowledge and understanding of standard forms of contract, particularly JCT and NEC
In return we offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Company car/car allowance
- Private Medical (subject to length of service)
- Life Assurance
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Ongoing learning and continued professional development
- A well located and accessible office with free parking, close to city centre and A1 North and South
Interested in joining the Team? For more information about the role and what you can expect from working with the Surgo Team, please send a copy of your CV to our HR Manager via email on email@example.com or the Contact Us page on our website www.surgo.co.uk
Please include your current salary details upon applying
Surgo Construction is committed to equality of opportunity in employment with applications considered solely on merit and ability.
No agencies please – Surgo will not accept speculative CVs as a way of introduction
Closing date 17 February 2023