Could you be our next cost/management accountant?
Surgo Construction, one of the north east’s leading construction companies which is noted for delivery and providing a build quality to the highest standards, is recruiting for a key role in the finance team.
Currently working across a diverse range of ongoing contracts within the North-East and with multiple opportunities in the pipeline, this is an exciting time to join the company.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the role of Cost/Management Accountant will be responsible for a varied range of finance related activities.
We are looking for an ambitious candidate, already working in construction, with the drive and passion to forge a successful career both as part of the finance team and within the business.
If this sounds like you then either upload your CV via the Contact Us page, or email it directly to our Financial Controller, Clair Pitt, email@example.com
Surgo Construction is an equal opportunities employer.
The Role (inc but not limited to)
- Banking transaction, including reconciliation
- Sales ledger support
- Payroll support inc:
- maintaining various reports for dept and statistical purposes e.g., labour cost analysis, wages analysis
- Issue and collate weekly timesheets from site managers ensuring all returned in timely manner, accurately completed and signed off.
- Record site operative holidays against entitlement and for payroll purposes
- Maintaining payroll reports e.g., average holiday pay, HMRC liabilities, AEO liabilities, Union fees
- Liaising with site operatives to assist/resolve any queries
- P11d completion/submission
- Monthly Credit Card analysis, job allocation and entry
- Produce monthly costs for QS
- Reconciliation of QS forecast analysis in order to produce budgets/forecast
- Support in the production of monthly management accounts for internal and external stakeholders
- Quarterly NEPO & NEUPC submissions
- Assist with yearend process
- Produce contract schedule
- Create matrix to reconcile contract profit
- Reconcile general ledger
- Support auditors’ requirements
- General dept admin – copying, scanning, filing, letter writing etc
- Support wider team during busy periods and holiday/sickness cover
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Minimum AAT qualified or QBE
- Must have construction accounts experience and knowledge, preferably for a main contractor
- Must have experience of working with Pegasus Opera and Pegasus CIS systems
- Ideally have a working knowledge of Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Possess good organisational and self-management skills
- Have exceptional attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be IT literate and have proficiency in Microsoft packages e.g., Word, Excel
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Office based; flexibility considered
- Monday – Thursday 8.15am-4.45pm, Friday 8.15am-3.30pm
In return we will offer
- Competitive salary dependant on qualifications and experience
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service 4 times salary
- Private Medical (length of service dependant)
- On-site Parking
#careers, #construction #accounting