Are you an experienced buyer already working in construction and looking for a change? Surgo Construction currently has a vacancy for someone just like you. So, for more information about the role read on, and for more information about the great team you’d be joining get in touch before 31st August 2022.
Surgo is a well-established and highly respected regional construction company, with a reputation for delivery and providing quality to the highest of standards. With a diverse range of ongoing contracts within the North-East and with multiple opportunities in the pipeline, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the business as Buyer.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the role of Buyer will be responsible for a varied range of purchasing activities. Primary focus will be on achieving ‘best value’ and ensuring timeous procurement to meet all obligations, whilst complying with company policy and procedures.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for the right individual that will allow career development and progression within a successful and respected business. https://uk.indeed.com/job/buyer-fb6ee7b7d4d13d01
- Procuring all directly purchased materials for the business
- Dealing with site generated requisitions and placing orders for bulk materials
- Acquiring and maintaining close working relationships with key suppliers
- Taking-off quantities from drawings and scheduling materials
- Participation in tendering activities including value engineering exercises
- Preparing and updating material budgets for projects
- Placing and managing orders with external plant hire companies
- Management of company car fleet
- Maintaining company supplier databases
- Producing KPI reports and providing improvement recommendations
- Inter-departmental collaboration e.g. Accounts, Estimating, Quantity Surveying
Required Experience & Skills
- Must currently be acting as a Buyer within the construction industry, preferably for a main contractor
- Ideally have a working knowledge of Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Possess excellent organisational and self-management skills
- Have an exceptional attention to detail
- Must be IT literate and have proficiency in MS Office package e.g. word, excel, teams
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Office based role, with occasional regional travel
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties
In return we offer you
- Competitive salary
- Company Car or car allowance
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical
- On-Site parking
Surgo Construction is committed to equality of opportunity in employment with applications considered solely on merit and ability.
Closing Date: 31st August 2022. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Please include your current salary when applying. CVs can be uploaded via the page or sent to email@example.com
No agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time