Site Foreman Required!
Surgo is a well established and highly respected regional construction company, with a reputation for craftsmanship, reliability and a total commitment to working to the highest standards on every project we undertake. With a diverse range of projects ongoing throughout the North East and more in the pipeline an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the business as a Site Foreman.
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to become an integral part of the site team and to deliver some exciting schemes for a diverse range of clients across both the public and private sectors.
We are looking for someone with experience who can
- Co-ordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise site operatives , relaying and implementing construction detail to all labour
- Ensure all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Proactively supervise on site health and safety activities, reviewing accidents and promoting safe working practices
- Ensure deliveries, visitors and contractors are appropriately recorded on-site, and effective control takes place on access and egress
- Be hands on site and interacting with the trades and their supervision
- Be responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within their control under our company safety policy
- Manage subcontractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress, provide direct instruction and support as necessary such that contractual arrangements are achieved
- Get involved with the management of internal/external teams/consultants to meet project deadlines under supervision of the site manager.
- Carry out inductions for all new operatives and visitors on site
- Effectively manage site waste and recycling, taking into account environmental and health, and safety factors
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Report on progress to Site Manager
- Deputise for Site Manager in his absence
- Take responsibility for their own and others health and safety, carry out role safely and to health and safety legislation and guidelines, using PPE as necessary.
Required Experience & Skills
- Proven experience as a construction foreman in a main contractor environment
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures , equipment and safety guidelines
- Possess a good working knowledge of drawings and specifications
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- First Aid
- CSCS card
- Temporary works – Supervisor
In return we offer
- Competitive salary and pension
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
If you are interested in learning more about our company and the role please visit our website www.surgo.co.uk, or upload your CV online via our ‘Contact Us’ section.
Closing date: 7th September 2023
No agencies please.
Surgo Construction is committed to equality of opportunity in employment with applications considered solely on merit and ability
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person on sites across the north east