Exciting opportunity to join our senior management team
Surgo is a long established and highly respected regional construction company, with a reputation for craftsmanship, reliability and a total commitment to working to the highest standards every project we undertake. With a diverse range of projects ongoing throughout the North East and more in the pipeline an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the business as Financial Controller.
Ideally, we are looking for someone qualified (ACCA or CIMA), or who has at least 5+ years relevant experience operating at a senior level within an organisation, as the successful candidate will be required to take a commercial and reporting lead for the business.
In addition to working in a vitally important and growing sector, the company offers a fantastic working environment, the opportunity to manage an enthusiastic team and the chance to work alongside a dynamic and forward-thinking Board of Directors, you will become an integral part of the company with the opportunity to add real value across the entire business.
Responsibilities to include:
- Producing the monthly management accounts and executive board packs on a timely basis, including reviewing actuals costs against budget costs and providing commentary where necessary
- Prepare annual and mid-year budgets
- Update rolling forecasts in the management accounts
- Review financial controls and processes and making agreed changings where necessary
- Liaise with the auditors during the year and managing the company audit at year end
- Process monthly payroll journals and reconciling salary, PAYE & NIC control accounts and reconciling figures with HMRC records
- Deal with HMRC queries and report findings
- Produce & review cash flow forecast and managing cashflow
- Review weekly supplier and subcontractor payments and authorising payments on the banking system
- Prepare budget and forecasts including production of and presentation of pack to the Board
- Raise and authorise ad-hoc payment
- Produce, review and process P11D’s, Vat Returns and PAYE submissions
- Produce, review and process monthly journals including prepayments and accruals
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are fully reviewed & reconciled before month end closure
- Review all service contracts and successfully negotiate prices with new and existing providers
- Line manage and develop staff including setting targets, monitoring work, and conducting appraisals
- Ideally qualified ACCA or CIMA or with 5+ years relevant experience operating at a senior level
- Effective financial planning, budget and cost management
- Experience as part of a leadership team driving growth in a business
- Proven track record of achieving targets
- Working capital and cashflow management experience
- Construction experience advantageous but is not essential
Package & Benefits – what you get in return
- Competitive salary and pension
- Private Healthcare
- Life assurance
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity please email a copy of your CV to Bernadette Adams our HR Manager on email@example.com or alternatively to upload your CV please go to https://lnkd.in/e-QK4VRe
Closing date: 21st January 2022 – please note Surgo’s offices will close on 20th December and reopen on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
No agencies please.
Surgo Construction is committed to equality of opportunity in employment with applications considered solely on merit and ability